Who: Restored, Inc.
What: Fundraising event
- 100,000 children are exploited through prostitution each year
- 85% of victims were in the child welfare system
- 83% of sex trafficking victims found in the US are US citizens
- The average age of entry into commercial sex in the US is only 13 years’ old
How: Service = giving your TIME one Friday evening
"Hey Impacters! Restored, Inc. is a Christ-based non-profit in Indy whose mission is “Through Christ’s love, we will encounter children who have been extorted through sex trafficking and exploitation by providing them an avenue to find restoration. Along with providing victim services, we will work to raise awareness and provide advocacy in hopes of ending human sex trafficking.” What an awesome organization – and they need OUR help! On November 3rd, they’re holding one of their biggest annual fundraisers at the Athenaeum downtown. They need us to volunteer at the event, and in turn, our service will help them raise money to support domestic sex trafficked and sexually exploited girls here in the US."
- Emily Sampson, Impact at IUPUI, VP of Service